Bramble (Rubus spp.)
Salal (Gaultheria shallon)
Antongiliinae sp. 2 "Ranomafana"
(by Bruno Kneubuehler)
the detailed care sheet with many more photos will follow here later on...
- easy species
- origin: Ranomafana NP, Madagascar
- found by Nicolas Cliquennois (MG) in early 2016
- incubation about 4 - 5 months
- feed very well on bramble (Rubus spp.) and Salal (Gaultheris shallon)
- need a humid cage, around 80+ % rh would be good enough
- spray regularly but let water dry up before you spray again
- males and females are very similarly colored, and there is not much variation amongst different individuals
- females about 5 cm, males about 3.5 cm
- a small "Pachymorpha-style", slow-moving species