Bramble (Rubus spp.)
(by Bruno Kneubuehler)
- under taxonomic examination by Joachim Bresseel (Belgium)
- from Cuc Phuong NP in Vietnam
- working name by Joachim Bresseel = "Carausius ? sp., No. 61, Cuc Phuong, Vietnam 2011"
- but it does not belong to the genus Carausius (recent info by J. Bresseel)
- 2013 - first successful culture by Bruno Kneubuehler
- 2013 - distributed to other breederes as Lonchodini sp. "Cuc Phuong"
- adult females about 13 - 14 cm, males about 8 - 9 cm
- different brown shades
- very peculiarly shaped eggs
- feed very well on bramble (Rubus spp.)
- incubation time (HH-Method) on slightly humid sand is about 7 - 9 months
- a very slowly growing species, they mature after 10 - 12 months
- adults and nymphs often hang just from their forelegs from leaves and twigs, giving them a great camouflage